From: Cliff Lynch cliff@cni.org <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Report from April 2020 Executive Roundtables on Research Continuity
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 17:45:30 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
When we made the decision to move the CNI Spring 2020 Member Meeting virtual, we were able to incorporate an additional Executive Roundtable on research continuity and COVID-19 (in addition to retaining the originally scheduled Roundtable, "New Strategies for Acquiring Learning Materials¡ - we are working on the report from that Roundtable now).

Research continuity is a critical and poorly explored issue that was somewhat overshadowed by the demands of the sudden pivot to remote instruction at many institutions. The demand to participate was unprecedented: we repeated the Roundtable four times between April 15 and April 24, with a wide range of institutional teams participating in the events.

The report summarizing what we heard at the Roundtable "What Happens to the Continuity and Future of the Research Enterprise?" and some of our analysis is now available online:

https://www.cni.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/CNI-Research-Continuity-ER-Report-s20-Public-FINAL.pdf