From: Cliff Lynch cliff@cni.org <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: IMLS Grant Awarded to Support National Finding Aids Network Initiative
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 15:40:55 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
I was delighted to see that the Institute of Museum and Library Services has just awarded a National Leadership Grant to a group of collaborators lead by the California Digital Library to advance a program of work towards a National Findings Aids Network, building on a report and strategic plan that I shared with this list earlier. I was particularly pleased to see range of partners playing key roles in this effort, which promises to ensure that it will be well-integrated with other related efforts such as SNAC. I'll try to ensure that the CNI community gets regular updates on this important work.

There's a press release, which includes links to the foundational report and strategic plan, at

https://cdlib.org/cdlinfo/2020/07/28/building-a-national-finding-aid-network-collaborative-research-and-development-initiative-receives-imls-funding-support/