From: Cliff Lynch cliff@cni.org <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: National Academies Workshop "Data in Motion" Online Oct 14-15, 2020
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 23:45:30 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
The Board on Research Data and Information (BRDI) of the US National Academies is hosting a free online workshop on "Data in Motion" on October 14 and 15, 2020. I've included a short description of the workshop focus below. Advance registration is required to participate in the workshop. For more details, see

https://www.nationalacademies.org/event/10-14-2020/data-in-motion-new-approaches-to-advancing-scientific-engineering-and-medical-progress-a-workshop

It's unclear whether video recordings of the session will be available after the sessions, but BRDI will issue a summary of the meeting.

(Disclosure: I am a former member and co-chair of BRDI)

From the meeting invitation page:

The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine's Board on Research Data and Information (BRDI) will convene a public virtual workshop on how researchers in different domains are utilizing data that undergoes repeated processing, often in real-time, to accelerate discovery and the challenges they are facing. The discussions will explore what advances will be needed to enable progress in the future, in areas such as artificial intelligence, cyberinfrastructure, standards, and policies. A brief summary of the event will be issued and widely disseminated to the research data and information community.