From: Cliff Lynch cliff@cni.org <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Report on Executive Roundtables on Research Continuity and Restart (September 2020)
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 00:20:57 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
In late September 2020 CNI conducted several follow-up virtual Executive Roundtable events to explore the state of restarting the research enterprise at our member institutions and discuss strategies and approaches for research continuity and resilience. This was a follow on from our April 2020 Roundtables on this topic and once again took a broad view of the research enterprise and how it is supported. The report from these September sessions is now available at

https://www.cni.org/go/research-continuity-sept-2020-update

I expect that there will be several sessions exploring aspects of this landscape as part of our Fall virtual CNI Membership meeting and we plan to convene another set  of Executive Roundtables on this topic in late Spring 2021 to summarize the 2020-2021 situation and examine thinking for the 2021-2022 Academic year and beyond.

I'd be grateful if CNI-announce readers would share this report widely within their institutions where appropriate, since I think the topic is of broad interest, beyond the established CNI community.