From: Cliff Lynch cliff@cni.org <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: SpringerNature supported reports on the research enterprise trans and post COVID-19
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2020 02:07:00 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
While I've previously shared the excellent work that Ithaka S+R published in late October 2020 on the impacts of COVID-19 on the research enterprise (see https://sr.ithaka.org/publications/the-impacts-of-covid-19-on-the-research-enterprise/ ), sponsored by SpringerNature, I somehow completely missed several other reports that SpringerNature supported which were released in the last month or so. See

https://www.springernature.com/gp/researchers/campaigns/coronavirus/impact-of-covid19

The report "Emerging from Uncertainty"  (at https://resource-cms.springernature.com/springer-cms/rest/v1/content/18537754/data/v6 ) is particularly interesting in that it considers how research work adapted to the constraints of the pandemic and speculates on how some of these adaptations may persist in the post-COVID environment, in much the same way we are seeing discussion about how and to what extent new adoption of online instruction may persist after the pandemic.