From: Cliff Lynch cliff@cni.org <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Ithaka S+R Report on the Role of the Senior Research Officer
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2020 02:07:00 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
Oya Rieger and Roger Schonfeld of Ithaka S+R released a ground-breaking report titled "The Senior Research Officer: Experience, Role, Organizational Structure, Strategic Directions and Challenges" this morning. This study is based primarily on interviews with senior research officers at about 40 large US research universities. I found it to be fascinating reading and am not familiar with any similar recent work. The report can be found at

https://sr.ithaka.org/publications/the-senior-research-officer/

Oya, Roger, and their colleague Jane Radecki will be sharing some of their findings from this work, along with other recent research on the academic research enterprise, in their plenary talk at the Fall 2020 CNI Virtual Member meeting on December 15, 2020; we'll make video of this this presentation publicly available shortly after the session.