From: Cliff Lynch cliff@cni.org <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Research Security Virtual Symposium, January 26, 2021
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 15:35:45 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
I wanted to share this recent announcement from our colleague Brian Kelly at EDUCAUSE for a free virtual symposium dealing with Research Security, which is closely connected to some of the issues around Science Nationalism, which we discussed at the CNI Fall 2020 Executive Roundtables in December 2020 (a report on this roundtable will be available soon). It's also timely given the very recent release of the "Recommended Practices for Strengthening the Security and Integrity of America's Science and Technology Research Enterprise" from the US National Science and Technology Council (online at https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/NSTC-Research-Security-Best-Practices-Jan2021.pdf ; this was issued in mid-January towards the end of the Trump administration, and now has been moved over to the archived White House site as part of the administration change.)

Note as well as the invitation below, I've included two PDF attachments that were part of Brian's original posting.

This is shaping up to be a great session with [EDUCASE President] John O’Brien moderating “The Present and Future of Research Cybersecurity” panelists include Sol Bermann, Executive Director of Information Assurance and Chief Information Security Officer, University of Michigan and Kim Milford, Executive Director, Research & Education Networks Information Sharing & Analysis Center (REN-ISAC).

Symposium is being hosted by The University of California Office of Ethics, Compliance, and Audit Services

Registration open at https://ucop.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_mBHuLaFhR720D85GzpwOuw

Brian

Brian Kelly, CISSP, CISM, CEH
Director, Cybersecurity Program