From: Diane Goldenberg-Hart diane@cni.org <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Call for Exemplars by 3/15: EDUCAUSE Teaching and Learning Horizon Report
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2021 11:15:46 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
In preparation for the 2021 Horizon Report, EDUCAUSE seeks submissions of projects that illustrate the technologies and practices selected by the expert panel. Please consider submitting projects or programs that fit the criteria described in Kathe Pelletier’s message below. The deadline for submissions is March 15.

Disclosure: CNI leadership has participated in various aspects of the Horizon Report project over the years.

-Diane Goldenberg-Hart, CNI

---
Colleagues,
EDUCAUSE has been working closely with the expert panel to prepare the 2021 Horizon Report. We have recently concluded the voting for the six most important technologies and practices for teaching and learning in higher ed.

For 2021, we are continuing the long-standing tradition of reaching out to the community for projects that illustrate these technologies and practices in action. If your institution is working with any of the six (listed below), we encourage you to submit information about your projects and initiatives via the below-linked form. You are welcome to submit more than one project.

This work can be in almost any form: production or pilot programs, research projects, faculty undertakings, emerging technology trials, or evaluation/assessment projects. The intent is to give readers a more concrete sense of how these technologies and practices are playing out in higher education. We include three such exemplary projects for each of the six technologies and practices highlighted in the EDUCAUSE Horizon Report. We will also be inviting a subset of the authors of the submissions to write up their work in the post for the EDUCAUSE Review Teaching and Learning channel, or present this work in other venues including conferences or webinars.

The six emerging technologies and practices selected by the expert panel for 2020 are:
  • Artificial intelligence (AI)
  • Growth of micro-credentialing for educators and students
  • Learning analytics
  • Open educational resources (OER)
  • Proliferation of blended/hybrid modes/teaching models
  • Shift from remote teaching to quality online learning

The URL for the submission form is:  https://forms.gle/XQYYRtMyenSTGSXB7

The deadline for submission is March 15, 2021.  These exemplar projects are the heart of the Horizon Report. Many thanks in advance for contributing to the 2021 edition!

Please feel free to circulate this announcement to any colleagues who might be doing work in these areas. For “example exemplars,” you can view the 2020 Horizon Report here: https://library.educause.edu/resources/2020/3/2020-educause-horizon-report-teaching-and-learning-edition