From: Cliff Lynch cliff@cni.org <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: JISC/CNI virtual meeting on future of research, July 2021, program and registration information
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 22:40:30 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
CNI has partnered with JISC in the UK for over twenty years to convene biannual  meetings in the UK exploring parallel developments and contrasts among the two nations. Due to the pandemic, we postponed the July 2020 meeting till this year, and in 2021 we will be meeting virtually, which provides a much lower barrier-to-entry opportunity for US participants to join us for this conversation, which will examine  the future of research and the roles that research libraries may play as catalysts for these developments.

The JISC-CNI Leaders Conference will take place virtually  on July 7-9, 2021. I hope that you'll consider joining us.

A wonderful lineup of keynoters is planned for the event, including:
• Francine Berman, Hamilton distinguished professor of computer science, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and recent Paul Evan Peters award recipient.
• Rachel Bruce, head of open research; UK Research and Innovation
• Dan Cohen, dean of libraries and professor of history at Northeastern University

Registration is now open at https://www.jisc.ac.uk/cni-conference, where you can find more details on the preliminary schedule and conference themes. We'll be announcing more speaker details in the coming weeks.