From: Joan K. Lippincott joan@cni.org <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Learning Spaces Collaboratory Open Conversations Series
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 23:55:00 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
During the pandemic period, I have been a member of a discussion group convened by Jeanne Narum, Principal, Learning Spaces Collaboratory, to share ideas among architects, designers, and academics about the impact of the pandemic on learning space use, design, innovation, and future trends. In some of those discussions, an individual was invited to give a brief presentation on a topic, and the session that included biophilic design — connecting people to the natural environment in physical spaces — was particularly illuminating. That topic will kick off a series of Open Conversations about learning spaces. The sessions are open to all and free of charge. I hope you’ll join this and future conversations organized by the Learning Spaces Collaboratory. Please see details below.
— Joan Lippincott, Associate Executive Director Emerita, CNI

Greetings:

Every Wednesday, 4:15 – 5:15 p.m. EDT, July 7, 2021 – August 25, 2021

Join us Wednesday, July 7 at 4:15pm EDT for the first in a Summer Series of LSC Open Conversations. These Conversations will explore research and stories from the field that offer evidence about what works—questions to ask and practices to implement—to realize an institution’s goals for what its learners are to become. A conversation about The Impact of Biophilic Learning Spaces on Student Success begins this series.

A portfolio of resources is being assembled for each Conversation, including a recording of the discussion by researchers and/or a campus team with relevant experience. For the Conversation on July 7, we invite your attention to:

Each LSC Open Conversation will be recorded and become part of the Portfolio of Resources for that particular conversation.

To join this Conversation:

Meeting ID: 849 0075 7556
Passcode: 070721

More information coming shortly.