From: Cliff Lynch cliff@cni.org <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: RFI on AI Research Resource Implementation Roadmap from NSF and OSTP, comments due Sept 1, 2021
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2021 10:07:00 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
The US White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) and the National Science Foundation (NSF) have jointly issued what's technically a Request for Information (RFI) on their Implementation Plan for a National Artificial Intelligence Research Resource.

See

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2021/07/23/2021-15660/request-for-information-rfi-on-an-implementation-plan-for-a-national-artificial-intelligence?et_rid=17042864&et_cid=3870301

There's a lot here, and I think the CNI community may have comments on a number of different aspects, including the availability of high-quality data for this effort. I encourage you to at least review the call for information.