From: Cliff Lynch cliff@cni.org <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Study of COVID-19 impact on academic publishing patterns
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 10:00:30 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
Here's an interesting preprint (I am somewhat unclear where it stands in the publication process and if it's been through peer review, though it appears like it may come out in a UK Royal Society venue) which looks at publication patterns by discipline during the pandemic. There's been a lot of anecdote about what's happening here, but this is one of the few data-based presentations I've seen. My thanks to the amazing Gary Price for bring this to my attention.  See

https://arxiv.org/abs/2109.06591