From: Cliff Lynch cliff@cni.org <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: "Crest or Trough?" Final Report on ARL/CNI/EDUCAUSE Emerging Technologies Study
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2021 16:17:59 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
Today, in partnership with the Association of Research Libraries and EDUCAUSE, we published the final report from our study of the impact of emerging technologies on research libraries, titled "Crest or Trough? How Research Libraries Used Emerging Technologies to Survive the Pandemic", authored by ARL Visiting Program Officer Scout Calvert of Michigan State University.

This initiative has followed a rather extraordinary trajectory, beginning well prior to the pandemic with a series of interviews with a wide range of  experts to identify key technologies for further examination. In the past few months, Scout was able to reconnect with a number of these interviewees to reflect on how universities and their research libraries have been navigating the pandemic (with some particularly interesting observations about innovation practices and investments), and on how the impacts and priorities related to various emerging technologies might change. The current report summarizes these conversations, and then abstracts out a series of socio-technical thematic areas, concluding with some considerations for continued technology adoption.

You can download this report from

https://www.arl.org/resources/crest-or-trough-how-research-libraries-used-emerging-technologies-to-survive-the-pandemic-so-far/

Note that this page also contains links to the prior reports from this initiative.