From: Cliff Lynch cliff@cni.org <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: National Strategic Overview for Research and Development Infrastructure
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 21:00:00 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
There's an interesting report that's come out recently, titled National Strategic Overview for Research and Development Infrastructure, authored by a subcommittee of the National Science and Technology Council. I would note that this is very much a perspective from agencies that are involved in scientific research and development activities. My thanks once again to the amazing Gary Price for bringing this to my attention. One very interesting point here is that alongside the expected observational, experimental and computational infrastructure, the report calls out what it characterizes as "knowledge infrastructure" quite explicitly at the same level of importance.

This is a revision of an earlier document from August, I believe.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/NSTC-NSO-RDI-_REV_FINAL-10-2021.pdf