From: Cliff Lynch cliff@cni.org <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Some valuable new EDUCAUSE materials
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 14:00:00 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
EDUCAUSE is re-broadcasting the fantastic plenary talk that Vice President Susan Grajek gave at the October 2021 Annual Meeting summarizing the top 10 IT issues for 2022 report. I've already shared links for the report itself, but her synthesis is very much worth watching if you missed it at the meeting. My understanding is that this is free for people at EDUCAUSE member institutions (and I think nearly all CNI member institutions are EDUCAUSE members)  and that there's a fee otherwise. If you can't make the "live" rebroadcast, you'll get a link to the recording of the session. See

https://events.educause.edu/webinar/2021/top-it-issues-2022-the-higher-education-we-deserve

Also, the most recent EDUCAUSE quick poll is on the issue of XR technologies (a horrible term, "extended reality" which is intended to encompass both "virtual reality" and "augmented reality"). The results are quite interesting. One of the things that seems to be notably missing here is stewardship and preservation issues around XR materials, and the roles of libraries in this work (though I know there are at least a few research libraries that are active in this area). See

https://er.educause.edu/articles/2021/12/educause-quickpoll-results-xr-technology