From: Diane Goldenberg-Hart <diane@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Call for Applicants & Host Organizations: CLIR Community Data Fellowships
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 16:00:00 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
CNI has long maintained a close relationship with the CLIR Postdoctoral Fellowship Program as part of our commitment to supporting emerging leaders in our community - they are a key source of future leaders for our community and beyond, and I am pleased to share with you this latest call for applicants for the 2022 program, focused on community data.

Please note that CLIR is also still accepting proposals from organizations interested in hosting a fellow.

See below for more information; details at https://postdoc.clir.org.

-Diane Goldenberg-Hart, CNI

----- Begin forwarded message -----

Apply Now for 2022 Community Data Fellowships

New postdoctoral fellowships offer chance to work on projects
to ethically capture and share data relevant to
underrepresented or misrepresented people, communities, and populations

 is now accepting applications for Community Data Fellowships.

The fellowships are tied to projects that thoughtfully and ethically capture and share data relevant to historically underrepresented or misrepresented people, communities, and populations. Such data could include digital or digitized records of researchers and community members, materials from community archives, information captured from the web and social media, or records of individuals or organizations. Projects will focus on the collection, aggregation, description, preservation, and use of these data.

Community Data Fellowships are the newest offering in the Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, which for nearly 20 years has offered recent PhD graduates the chance to develop research tools, resources, and services while exploring new career opportunities.

Fellowship applicants must have received a PhD before applying; if a PhD has not yet been received, all requirements for the degree (including dissertation defense and final dissertation editing) must be completed before starting the fellowship.

All applications submitted before March 1, 2022, will be considered for fellowships starting fall 2022. CLIR and partners will continue to review applications received after March 1 on a rolling basis until all positions are filled. Partners will contact selected candidates directly for additional application materials and interviews. Visit ​​ to learn more and apply.

CLIR continues to accept proposals from institutions wishing to host a fellow in fall 2022 and will soon recruit partners for the 2023 cohort. Visit ​​ to learn more and then contact the team at .