From: Cliff Lynch <cliff@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: NSF FAIR Open Science Research Coordination Networks Solicitation
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 00:20:05 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
I'm sharing this announcement from our colleague Martin Halbert on a very interesting new solicitation from the National Science Foundation which I think will be of interest to many in the CNI community.

I am delighted to announce an exciting new cross-agency NSF solicitation that we hope will stimulate progress in adopting Open Science and FAIR data principles across scientific cultures nationally.  Please share this information with your colleagues about the Findable Accessible Interoperable Reusable Open Science Research Coordination Networks (FAIROS RCN) as described at this URL:

https://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2022/nsf22553/nsf22553.htm

NSF is particularly interested in proposals which will catalyze the next generation of disciplinary improvements in adopting, implementing, and advancing FAIR and OS practices in science, as well as proposals which will advance such activities generally.  This solicitation has participation across all seven NSF disciplinary research directorates, speaking to the priority of all NSF agency components in advancing Open Science.

If you have questions about applying to the FAIROS RCN solicitation, please contact me via reply to this message.  Alternatively, contact any of the other disciplinary directorate contacts listed on the solicitation.  Thank you!

Warm regards,

Martin Halbert (PhD, MLIS)
NSF Science Advisor for Public Access
<mhalbert@nsf.gov>