From: Diane Goldenberg-Hart <diane@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: CNI Project Briefing Video Series Call for Proposals
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 11:00:00 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
Proposals are now being accepted for the inaugural edition of CNI's new asynchronous project briefing video series, which replaces the pre-recorded project briefings historically part of our virtual member meetings. More information about this new, year-round program is in this recent announcement.

Pre-recorded project briefing videos should focus on a timely topic or on a specific project related to digital information. We especially invite briefings on recently published reports, and updates on new or ongoing projects, programs, or organizations that may have reported at CNI in the past. In general, we recommend that these videos run no more than 15-20 minutes in length, though longer presentations may occasionally make sense; we leave this decision to the discretion of presenters.

Anyone may propose a pre-recorded project briefing, including groups/individuals from non-member institutions and organizations.

Videos will NOT BE SCHEDULED for viewing at a pre-arranged time; rather, they will be available ON-DEMAND, released as a collection, or edition, and accompanied by a guide for contextualization; their availability will be announced on CNI’s listserv, website, and social media outlets. Speakers may be asked to participate in a CNI-hosted virtual session to discuss their project briefing at a pre-arranged, mutually agreeable date/time.

No more than 12 pre-recorded project briefings will be accepted for each edition; we expect to issue calls for proposals approximately every two to three months.

Proposals may be submitted via online form:

Important Dates
  • Deadline for submissions: Feb. 25, 2022
  • Notification of acceptance: March 4, 2022
  • Video submission deadline for accepted proposals: March 28, 2022
  • Video collection release: April 2022

Please contact me with any questions.

-Diane Goldenberg-Hart, CNI