From: Cliff Lynch <cliff@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: University of San Diego Digital Initiatives Symposium, Virtual, April 25-26, 2022
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 14:00:00 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
Our colleagues at the University of San Diego are offering their Digital Initiatives Symposium again this year. In 2022, it will be all virtual. Details below.

-------------------------------

2022 Virtual Digital Initiatives Symposium: Registration Now Open!
https://www.sandiego.edu/library/documents/DIS2022.pdf

Hosted by the University of San Diego’s Copley Library, the Digital Initiatives Symposium is an annual event featuring workshops, presentations, and keynote addresses from leaders in libraries’ digital ecosystems, including open access, institutional repositories, open educational resources, data management, digital scholarship and pedagogy, scholarly communications, linked data, digital humanities, web archiving, copyright, and more. For 2022, the DIS will be entirely virtual using the Zoom Webinar platform. We hope you can join us!

Keynote and Featured Speakers:
• Lorcan Dempsey, Vice President and Chief Strategist of OCLC: "Workflow is the New Content"
• Sarah Lamdan, SPARC Senior Fellow and Professor at CUNY School of Law: " What does it mean for intellectual freedom when our library vendors are data analytics companies?"
• Jennifer Ferretti, Digital Library Federation (DLF) Senior Program Officer at the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) and as founder and principal of We Here LLC: "Stepping Back to Move Toward a More Equitable Future for Digital Library Users and Workers"

View the full program at: https://digital.sandiego.edu/symposium/2022/

Scholarship Opportunity:
1. If you are a Librarian or Archivist with FEWER THAN FIVE years of experience in the profession, you may apply for complimentary registration to the symposium. (Workshop not included.) The first five applicants will be awarded this scholarship. To apply, email Jasmin de Unamuno at jasmind@sandiego.edu

2. If you are a Librarian or Archivist with FIVE OR MORE years of experience in the profession, you may apply for complimentary registration to the symposium. (Workshop not included.) The first five applicants will be awarded this scholarship. To apply, email Jasmin de Unamuno at jasmind@sandiego.edu

Registration closes on April 20, 2022.