From: Cliff Lynch <cliff@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Saving Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Online (SUCHO) Initiative
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2022 23:15:15 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
In light of the horrible and heart-breaking situation in the Ukraine, I wanted to share this recent initiative with the CNI community, which describes itself as

"We are a group of cultural heritage professionals ˇV librarians, archivists, researchers, programmers ˇV working together to identify and archive at-risk sites, digital content, and data in Ukrainian cultural heritage institutions while the country is under attack. We are using a combination of technologies to crawl and archive sites and content, including the Internet Archiveˇ¦s Wayback Machine, the Browsertrix crawler and the ArchiveWeb.page browser extension and app of the Webrecorder project."

See

https://www.sucho.org

for more information and ways to participate in the work; right now, I don't have much more information about the initiative. I also note that importantly they are trying to collect information on related initiatives going on elsewhere, see

https://www.sucho.org/other-efforts

and they'd be grateful for information on additional efforts.