From: Cliff Lynch <cliff@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Materials from latest AEOLIAN Network Workshop (April 2022)
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2022 10:00:16 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
the AEOLIAN Network is a joint US-UK program exploring applications of AI and Machine Learning to Libraries, Archives, Museums and similar cultural heritage organizations. For general information see

https://www.aeolian-network.net

I've participated in several of their recent workshops, including this most recent one, and have found them informative. From the latest workshop, I want to particularly flag the presentation by Bohyun Kim, AUL for Information Technology at the University of Michigan Library, on Machine Learning: A New Tool for Libraries and Archives as being of particular interest to the CNI community; it looks closely at a number of specific machine learning applications. There's a great deal of other interesting material that was also presented at the workshop, and I invite you to explore the workshop broadly.  See

https://www.aeolian-network.net/category/workshops/