From: Cliff Lynch <cliff@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: OECD report on integrity and security in the global research ecosystem
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 17:20:56 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
The OECD has released a useful report on integrity and security in the global research ecosystem; this connects to several recent developments in science nationalism. My thanks to the amazing Gary Price for the heads-up on this (I don't know how he finds all this material!). See

https://www.oecd-ilibrary.org/science-and-technology/integrity-and-security-in-the-global-research-ecosystem_1c416f43-en

Here's the abstract:

Responsibilities for research integrity and security are distributed across multiple actors in the international research ecosystem. These include, national governments, research funding agencies, research institutions, universities, academic associations, and intergovernmental organisations. This report describes policy initiatives and actions to safeguard national and economic security whilst protecting freedom of enquiry, promoting international research cooperation, and ensuring openness and non-discrimination. It includes examples of actions that are being taking to prevent foreign interference, manage risks, and help ensure trust in science in the future, and offers recommendations to help countries develop effective policies to strengthen research security as part of a broader framework of research integrity.

Direct link to PDF report

https://www.oecd-ilibrary.org/deliver/1c416f43-en.pdf?itemId=%2Fcontent%2Fpaper%2F1c416f43-en&mimeType=pdf