From: Cliff Lynch <cliff@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: New Ithaka S+R report on Digital Preservation and Curation Systems
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 22:30:02 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
Ithaka S+R has just issued a really valuable report titled "The Effectiveness and Durability of Digital Preservation and Curation Systems", authored by Oya Rieger, Roger Schoenfeld and Liam Sweeney, funded by a grant from the US Institute for Museum and Library Studies. This is the kind of broad landscape survey that we very badly need as we seek to understand priorities and strategies for digital preservation; it's also extremely helpful in that it sheds considerable light on the roles that commercial preservation services are taking on in this landscape, which I do not believe has been much analyzed. The report is here:

https://sr.ithaka.org/publications/the-effectiveness-and-durability-of-digital-preservation-and-curation-systems/