From: Cliff Lynch <cliff@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: CNI Dec. 2022 Meeting Program
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 12:00:30 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>

The agenda for the December 2022 CNI Member Meeting is now set, and I wanted to share it with you.This should be a wonderful meeting.

As is traditional at our December meetings, I'll take the opening plenary to survey some recent key developments and trends in the networked information and research landscapes. With this as context, I'll discuss the evolution of CNI's programs and strategies as we have transited the pandemic and plan for the future, share a new set of organizing themes for our programmatic work, and talk briefly about initiatives for program year 2022-23 and beyond. There will be time for questions and discussion.

For the closing plenary, we’ll hear from Paul Courant, this year’s Paul Evan Peters Award recipient, upon being presented with the award. His talk, "Utopia for Networked Knowledge in the Library and the Academy,” will serve as the Paul Evan Peters Memorial Lecture and promises to be very thought-provoking. You can find his abstract and bio on the meeting website at https://www.cni.org/mm/fall-2022/plenary-sessions-f22

We have what I believe is a really strong set of breakout sessions scheduled for  the meeting. Please note that this list is still being finalized and subject to change, though we are not expecting a lot of changes. You can find the preliminary title list at  https://www.cni.org/mm/fall-2022/project-briefings-breakout-sessions-f22 and we expect to post full descriptions and a complete schedule very soon.

I look forward to seeing many of you in DC in December!

-Cliff Lynch