From: Joan K. Lippincott <joan@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: ACRL webinar series: Programming Library Spaces for Institutional Impact
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 11:15:00 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
If you are involved with library space planning, whether for a large or small project, I hope you’ll join me and my co-editors of the Designing Libraries for the 21st Century book, along with some of the chapter authors, for a webinar series in February, 2023. This is a fee-based series offered by our publisher, ACRL. For more information and registration, please follow the links below.
—Joan Lippincott, Associate Executive Director Emerita, CNI

 (Thursday February 9 | Thursday, February 16 | Thursday, February 23, 2023): This webinar series includes 3 segments: Supporting Learning, Student Success, and Well-being; Enhancing Collaborative Research; and Focusing on Staffing and Organizations that will provide principles and examples of using library space to align with institutional goals and priorities. The series promotes the vision that only through integration of a program and organization/staffing structures within a new library space will the full potential of the space be realized. The webinars are not intended as a guide to planning new or renovated space, but an exploration of how spaces can advance the mission of teaching, learning, and research. The series will draw on some of the authors of the recently released  and update their observations, insights, and examples. Moderators and speakers will engage participants through structured and open discussion and chat.

Session 1: Moderator: Joan K. Lippincott; Speakers: Shan Sutton, University of Arizona; Kelly Miller, University of Miami
Session 2: Moderator: Tom Hickerson; Speakers: Gregory Raschke, North Carolina State University; John Brosz, University of Calgary
Session 3: Moderator: Leonora Crema; Speakers: Mary Ann Mavrinac, University of Rochester; Brian Mathews, Carnegie Mellon University