From: Diane Goldenberg-Hart <diane@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: CfP: Lessons for Librarians in Open Science Principles and Methods
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 12:03:00 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
I’m pleased to share the call for proposals below, from the UCLA Library, for lesson proposals about open science principles and methods, to support continued skills development for librarians in open science. The call is part of an IMLS-funded project intended to develop a reusable curriculum to help promote skills in open science methods and digital processes among information professionals.

For more information on this project, see the video presentation included in the October ’22 edition of CNI’s Pre-Recorded Project Briefing Series, Lessons for Librarians in Open Science Principles and Methods 2022, available at https://www.cni.org/topics/publishing/lessons-for-librarians-in-open-science-principles-and-methods .

-Diane Goldenberg-Hart, CNI

— — —

The UCLA Library is pleased to announce a call for proposals for Lessons for Librarians in Open Science Principles and Methods, a two-year (2023-2024) project funded by the Institute of Museum and Library Service (IMLS) to incentivize lesson authors to develop and refine seven lessons each year (total 14 lessons) through two-year sequential summer workshops. This call is for lesson proposals to form the project's first year (2023) cohort of lesson authors. We will announce another call for proposals for the project's second year (2024).

We seek lesson proposals intended for synchronous instruction settings. Lesson proposals should support in-person and virtual settings. The completed lesson should be 90 minutes to 3 hours long. We prefer proposals that use open resources, such as open-source tools and software, and resources that are broadly accessible to all. The deadline for submission is January 31st, 2023. Awards will be announced by April 30th, 2023. For more information, please visit the project website.

We will provide each award recipient or group with $5,000 for developing a lesson (how the recipient(s) receive the award depends on each institution). We will also provide summer workshops (2023) to teach the awarded recipients the necessary skills to build lessons. The UCLA Data Science Center will provide technical support for publishing the developed lessons.

If you have any questions, please contact datascience+imls@ucla.edu.  For more information, please visit our website.

This project was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services RE-252335-OLS-22.