From: Paige Pope <paige@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: CNI Call for Proposals, Spring 2023
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 16:27:00 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
CNI is now accepting proposals for project briefings to be presented at our Spring 2023 Membership Meeting on April 3-4 in Denver, CO.

Proposals may be submitted via online form: https://www.cni.org/mm/spring-2023/project-briefing-proposals-s23
Submission deadline is February 14.

Project briefings are typically 30-minute to one-hour sessions that discuss a timely topic or a specific institutional or cross-institutional project related to digital information. In addition, as we did in fall 2022, we will offer the option to propose lightning round presentations (limited to seven minutes, three slides, and a single speaker).

Keep in Mind:
  • Anyone may propose a project briefing; you need not be at a member institution to propose a session!
  • The meeting will be held entirely in person; presenters will be expected to register and speak in person (there is no registration fee) except in very unusual circumstances.
  • All attendees will be required to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a negative COVID test as an alternative to proof of vaccination.
  • We intend to record all sessions and to make the videos openly available after the meeting. In some exceptional cases we may accept a session that is not recorded at the request of presenters.
  • A limited number of project briefings will be accepted; topics that would particularly benefit from interactive discussion will be prioritized, as will proposals focusing on novel or particularly creative approaches to community challenges.
    • CNI’s quarterly Pre-Recorded Project Briefing Series is designed to complement the project briefings at the biannual membership meetings, offering an opportunity to share updates and reports on new initiatives in a timelier manner and on a year-round basis. We encourage prospective speakers to explore this program as they consider submission options.
More information is at https://www.cni.org/mm/spring-2023. Follow along: #cni23s.

-Paige Pope, CNI Communications Coordinator