From: Cliff Lynch <cliff@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Sloan Foundation call for letters of inquiry on Open Source Program Offices
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 20:17:30 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
Our colleagues at the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation have been funding the establishment of Open Source Program Offices (OSPOs) at a number of universities to advance the systematic use of open source practices in software development and ongoing support; we've had reports on this at CNI, most recently

https://www.cni.org/topics/ci/guide-to-set-up-university-open-source-programs-office-ospo

and earlier

https://www.cni.org/topics/economic-models/university-based-open-sources-programs-offices

Recently, the Sloan Foundation issued a call for expressions of interest from additional institutions interested in launching these programs; they will invite full submissions from selected respondents. The deadline for expressions of interest is February 15, 2023, and full details can be found at

https://sloan.org/programs/digital-technology/ospo-loi