From: Paige Pope <paige@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: CNI Pre-Recorded Project Briefing Series Live: February 2023
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 16:45:02 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
Edition Guide
Coalition for Networked Information
Pre-Recorded Project Briefing Series
February 2023

The February 2023 edition of CNI's Pre-Recorded Project Briefing Series is now available for viewing. This edition includes eleven videos that address a wide range of important developments.

A handful of briefings address the recent and anticipated policies, guidance, and legislation in areas that impact research and information services. Presentations offering insight on these developments include Research Libraries and Section 230 (Katherine Klosek, Association of Research Libraries) and Leverage Libraries to Achieve Historic Progress Toward Digital Equity for All, in which representatives from ACRL and ALA explain the unprecedented opportunity for libraries to benefit from the federal government's historic investments in digital equity, literacy, and inclusion.

Other presentations explore various aspects of repositories, digital preservation and/or research data management:
Scholarly communication and digital scholarship have long been a core part of CNI’s work, and in this edition, we highlight innovative approaches in these areas:
In Research Libraries Collaboratively Bridging the Accessible Works Gap, presenters share updates from the ARL-CARL Marrakesh Treaty Implementation project, a follow-on to the spring 2021 briefing. Representatives from the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs discuss their innovative efforts in Decolonization of Academic Research Libraries through Storytelling with a program that centers and celebrates diverse lived experiences through storytelling.

Lastly, "You Autocomplete Me." Navigating Human-Machine Relationships for Responsible Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Implementations presents examples of AI and data science prototypes in use at Montana State University Library, and how to promote familiarity and competence in these areas within the organization.

Our sincere thanks to all who contributed to this edition. We hope you will share these videos widely and contact presenters directly with comments and questions about their work. We welcome your feedback about this edition, this program, or any other aspect of CNI's work. The call for proposals for the next edition will be posted to CNI-ANNOUNCE in the coming weeks.

Clifford Lynch
CNI Executive Director

Diane Goldenberg-Hart
CNI Assistant Executive Director