From: Cliff Lynch <cliff@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: JISC Report on Optimizing the UK University Research Infrastructure Assets
Date: Wed, 17 May 2023 16:45:00 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
The JISC has recently released a very useful summary report dealing with questions of how one might optimize the UK Research Infrastructure Assets (with an emphasis on thinking about them as a collective resource). The report was funded by UKRI. I cannot help but feel that a similar discussion is badly needed in the United States, though the barriers to making progress in the US are even more formidable.

The report can be found at
https://repository.jisc.ac.uk/9055/1/optimising-the-uks-university-research-infrastructure-assets.pdf

There's a summary and announcement at

https://beta.jisc.ac.uk/news/all/new-jisc-research-infrastructure-assets-report-will-drive-collaboration-02-may-2023

I'd just note that there are a few confusing details here. The report is dated March 2023, but I didn't become aware of it till earlier this month, and the announcement from JISC is dated 2 May 2023.