From: Paige Pope <paige@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: CNI’s May Pre-Recorded Project Briefing Series Live
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 14:00:48 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>

Edition Guide
Coalition for Networked Information
Pre-Recorded Project Briefing Series
May 2023

The May 2023 edition of CNI’s Pre-Recorded Project Briefing Series is ready for viewing. Read on for an overview of what awaits in the nine videos that cut across digital information, and click through to the project briefing pages for more session-specific details and video links.

Through Enriching Library and Archival Records with Ethnolinguistics Minority Language Identification, you’ll have the opportunity to meet Hugh Paterson III, CNI’s 2022 Paul Evan Peters Fellowship recipient and a PhD student in information science at the University of North Texas, and learn about his work.

Other briefings explore digital preservation and archiving:

A pair of briefings explore how libraries enhance university teaching and learning:

In Where We've Been and Where We're Going: Reflecting on the Data Curation Network, Mikala Narlock updates a fall 2022 CNI briefing about the work, progress, and plans of the strategically important Data Curation Network.

Learn about the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Library’s experience in repatriating several books to the Jewish Museum in Prague that were looted by the Nazis during World War II in Forging the Future by Correcting the Past: Returning Nazi Looted Material from an Academic Library. This has fascinating parallels to the many initiatives to return artworks taken by the Nazis.

Exploring Interoperability in Digital Migrations for Special Collections explores the many meanings of interoperability in the digital landscape. It comparatively analyses two recent implementations of digital platforms for special collections repositories at two Bay Area institutions.

Thank you to the presenters for sharing their work with the CNI community. We hope you’ll find something resonant within this edition, and we encourage you to contact presenters directly with comments and questions. We will post the next call for proposals proposal to CNI-ANNOUNCE in the coming weeks.

Clifford Lynch
CNI Executive Director

Diane Goldenberg-Hart
CNI Assistant Executive Director