From: Cliff Lynch <cliff@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: 2024 International Digital Curation Conference, Feb 19-23, Edinburgh, Scotland
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2023 12:50:30 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
I wanted to share this announcement from Kevin Ashley of the Digital Curation Center on the 18th International Digital Curation Conference (IDCC24), which will take place in Edinburgh, Scotland February 19-23, 2024. CNI is once again thrilled to be a collaborating organization for this important conference. The call for submissions is now open and will remain open till late September.

I hope to see many of you at this meeting; it's great to have it return in-person after several years virtual due to the pandemic.

I'm pleased that we're now able to announce the dates and location for IDCC24
and to share the call for papers. The conference will return to Edinburgh
between 19-21 February 2024, comprising two days of talks and other sessions and
one day of optional workshops. The call for papers is now open and closes on
29th September 2023. As ever, subscribers to the DCC Associates list gain
exclusive access to reduced early rates when registration opens.

Do join us next year, and consider making a submission to the programme before
the September deadline.

The main theme of IDCC this year will be Trust through Transparency taken from
every vantage point of our communities.

One of the (many) concerns of this age is the ability to trust information
around us, especially as we enter a new era of Artificial Intelligence, where
what you see cannot always be believed.

Transparency is one way to promote trust, by being clear about what we do, and
why we do it. This is true whether you are the researcher creating data, the
repository that curates that data, or a reuser of the deposited data.

Open Science promotes transparency in how data are collected, verified, and
used, in order that we can trust findings built on them.

The call for papers for IDCC24 is now open. We are inviting submissions for:

    • Papers
    • Lightning Talks
    • Posters
    • Workshops

The submission deadline for initial proposals will be 29th September 2023.

For full submission instructions, please visit
https://www.dcc.ac.uk/events/idcc24/submissions/

For more details, please visit the full call for papers page on the IDCC24 site,
https://www.dcc.ac.uk/events/idcc24/call-papers.

IDCC24 will be an in-person event with hybrid elements. The main conference will
span two days 19-21 February, with a social event on the evening of 19 February.
The programme will consist of a mix of keynote lectures, papers, lightning talks
and poster presentations.

IDCC is organised by the DCC in collaboration with CNI.

If you have any questions on the IDCC, please contact info@dcc.ac.uk.