From: Cliff Lynch <cliff@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: DCN Webinar on Institutional Data Repository Services, Sept 6, 2023
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 08:35:02 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
I want to share this very kind invitation from our colleagues at the Data Curation Network (DCN). This is a very timely topic that I think will be of interest to many members of the CNI community. Note there is no charge, but advanced registration is required. Recordings for previous sessions in this series are available, so I'd presume the recording from this will also be available after the webinar.

On behalf of the Data Curation Network, I'd like to invite you, and any members of CNI, to attend an upcoming webinar, the third in our Institutional Repository Readiness Virtual Learning Series! Please join us Wednesday, September 6, 1:00pm-2:30pm Eastern for, “Making the Case for Institutional [Data] Repository Services.” See

https://datacurationnetwork.org/sustaining-open-research-virtual-learning-series/

During this session, our speakers will try to address questions like:
• What makes Institutional Data Repositories (IDRs) critical to data sharing infrastructure and what is their place in the repository ecosystem?
• How will developing a roadmap toward meeting Desirable Characteristics of Data Repositories help IDRs underscore their role as essential, critical infrastructure?
• If IDRs were able to collectively adopt the desirable characteristics, what would that do for the ecosystem as a whole?
• Which characteristic(s) might have the most impact for resources invested?

Heidi Imker, from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, will start the event with a description of their motivation for developing and establishing their home-grown data repository  based in their University Library. Susan Ivey and Moira Downey, North Carolina State University, will provide a complementary presentation, covering the perspective of a campus-wide approach to a repository, leveraging a vended solution. Tina Baich, IUPUI and US Repository Network, will round out the discussion with a national perspective. Following the presentations, there will be a panel discussion and time for questions.

There is no cap on attendees, but we ask that you register in advance at

https://umn.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0scuqgqjMiHNfmxiA12O62i1E9QEOSJljh#/registration

Registration is now open-- and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions!

Take care,
Mikala

--
Mikala R. Narlock (she/her) | ORCiD: 0000-0002-2730-7542 | Meet with me
Director | Data Curation Network | datacurationnetwork.org