From: Paige Pope <paige@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Reminder: Call for Proposals, CNI Fall 2023
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 10:58:17 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
As a reminder, the Coalition for Networked Information (CNI) invites project briefing proposals for the Fall 2023 Membership Meeting (December 11–12) in Washington, D.C.

Submission Deadline: Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Keep in Mind:
  • Anyone may propose a project briefing: you need not be affiliated with a member organization to propose a session.
  • The meeting will be held entirely in person; presenters are expected to register and speak in person except in very unusual circumstances. Speakers are invited to attend the entire meeting (there is no registration fee), though they (or their organizations) are responsible for their own expenses.
  • Project briefings are typically 30-minute to one-hour sessions. We also accept proposals for lightning round presentations (limited to five minutes, one presenter)
  • We intend to record all sessions and to make the videos openly available after the meeting. In some exceptional cases, we may accept a session that is not recorded at the request of presenters.

Submission & Evaluation Information
A limited number of project briefings will be accepted. We encourage submissions that:
  • Address state-of-the-art developments and issues of interest to the membership (see CNI’s topics pages and recent member meetings for some themes that have been important to our work in recent years)
  • Focus on novel, timely, or creative approaches to community challenges related to digital information
  • Are geared to high-level administrators and policy makers
  • Feature topics that would particularly benefit from interactive discussion

More meeting and proposal information is at https://www.cni.org/mm/fall-2023.

Sincerely,

-Paige Pope, CNI Communications Coordinator