From: Cliff Lynch <cliff@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Lorcan Dempsey, "Generative AI and Libraries: 7 Contexts"
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 13:00:25 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
Lorcan Dempsey has just published the third in what I understand to be a planned 4-part series on developments in Generative AI. Really outstanding reading and strongly recommended (as are his two earlier pieces in the series); Lorcan has a great knack for synthesizing a lot of developments and framing the key questions. I particularly loved the context "AI is weird" which captures some important insights that aren't discussed enough.

Available at

https://www.lorcandempsey.net/generative-ai-and-libraries-7-contexts/