From: Diane Goldenberg-Hart <diane@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Introducing DATALIS - a project exploring the future of professional education
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 14:00:30 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
I forward, below, an invitation on behalf of Erik Mitchell of UCSD related to the LIS Education and Data Science Integrated Network Group (LEADING) project. LEADING (and its predecessor program LEADS) will be familiar to many in the CNI community from presentations at our meetings. A workshop associated with this work will be held in March following CNI’s spring meeting in San Diego.

Full disclosure: CNI staff serve on the LEADING advisory board.

-Diane Goldenberg-Hart, CNI

— — —

CNI colleagues,

I am reaching out today to ask for your collaboration and participation in DATALIS™ an innovative part of the IMLS funded LEADING professional education program that seeks to transform our approach to professional education.

Over the next few months via a series of online design sessions we ideate potential future scenarios to inform the future of professional education.  At our LEARN event on January 24 we will begin this process using a design thinking approach - allowing us to understand emerging trends and user needs so we can explore the future of continuing professional education together.  This planning work will culminate in a hybrid workshop held on March 27, 2024 (online and in person in San Diego, CA) the day after CNI concludes.

Agenda (January 24):
  • Welcome and overview of design thinking approach to innovating professional education
  • Panel discussion focusing on professional education (Including Jane Greenberg @ Drexel University and Gale Etschmaier @ FSU))
  • Exploration of problem space and available information (Design thinking activity)
  • Wrap up and upcoming workshops

Secure your spot today in the kickoff event and be part of an event that sets the stage for groundbreaking ideas and career advancement in LIS.

Thank you,

Erik

Erik Mitchell
​​The Audrey Geisel University Librarian
University of California San Diego
DATALIS™ Team Leader

P.S. For more details about the LEARN event and the Innovation Funnel™, please visit the DATALIS™ website