From: Diane Goldenberg-Hart <diane@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Data Sharing Expenses, ARL Webinar Feb. 12
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2024 16:10:55 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
I share the invitation below, on behalf of Cynthia Hudson Vitale of ARL, for a webinar to discuss the findings of the NSF-funded research project, Realities of Academic Data Sharing (RADS), to examine expenses for public access to research data. Please see Cynthia’s invitation for details, including a link to access registration. The event is open to all.

-Diane Goldenberg-Hart, CNI

— — —

Please join us on Monday, February 12, 2024 from 2-3pm ET to learn the results of ARL's NSF-funded research regarding the costs of making research data publicly available. These results show the financial investments in infrastructure and services institutions have made to support public access data-sharing policies.

This virtual session will highlight our findings on institutional expenses, including those incurred directly by various campus offices, such as libraries, IT, and research offices. Expenses incurred by researchers for various data-sharing activities will also be discussed.

The webinar is open to all, so please feel free to share this invitation with anyone else who may be interested. If you cannot attend at this time, a recording will be sent out to all registrants.

https://www.arl.org/event/making-research-data-publicly-accessible-estimates-of-institutional-researcher-expenses/

Regards,
Cynthia

Cynthia Hudson Vitale