From: Cliff Lynch <cliff@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Report "Experts Imagine the Impact of AI by 2040", Elon Univ Imagining the Digital Future Center
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 21:45:05 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
The Imagining the Digital Future Center at Elon University has just released its first report since Lee Rainie , recently retired from the Pew Internet and American Life project, joined his collaborator Janna Anderson at Elon University to continue their program of canvassing experts and surveying the public to gain insight into possible futures for the evolving digital environment. This study looks at possible impacts of Ai on society over the next 15 years. There are almost 300 contributors to the report (disclosure: I am one of those contributors, and my contribution can be found in chapter 6).

Website for the overall report and survey project

https://imaginingthedigitalfuture.org/reports-and-publications/the-impact-of-artificial-intelligence-by-2040/

Link to the expert insights report (about 150 pages)

https://imaginingthedigitalfuture.org/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/AI2040-FINAL-White-Paper-2-2.29.24.pdf