From: Paige Pope <paige@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Call for Proposals CNI Fall 2024 Meeting
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2024 11:55:33 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>
The Coalition for Networked Information (CNI) invites project briefing proposals for our Fall 2024 Membership Meeting, taking place December 9–10 at the JW Marriott Hotel in Washington, DC.

Submit your proposal through the online form athttps://www.cni.org/mm/fall-2024/project-briefing-proposals-f24

The submission deadline is October 11, 2024

Project briefings (presentations) address state-of-the-art developments, issues of interest to the membership, a timely topic, or a specific project related to networked information content and technologies, particularly those that are cross-institutional or of broad interest to the community. Project briefings include information about a project’s goals, progress, and lessons learned, time for discussion, and perhaps demonstrations. Issue-oriented briefings include background information on a topic of interest and ample time for general discussion with attendees.

Important Information
  • Anyone may propose a project briefing; affiliation with a member organization is not required.
  • The meeting will be held in person; presenters are expected to speak in person except in very unusual circumstances. Speakers are invited to attend the entire meeting (there is no registration fee), though they or their organizations are responsible for their expenses.
  • Project briefings are typically 30-minute to one-hour sessions. We also accept proposals for lightning round presentations (limited to five minutes, one presenter)
  • All sessions will be recorded and made openly available after the meeting. In some exceptional cases we may accept a session that is not recorded at the request of presenters.

Submission & Evaluation Information
We will accept a limited number of project briefings.* We encourage submissions that:
  • Address state-of-the-art developments and issues of interest to our membership, particularly those that are cross-institutional or of broad interest to the community (see CNI’s topics pages and recent member meetings for some themes that are important to our work)
  • Focus on novel, timely, or creative approaches to digital information challenges
  • Are geared toward high-level administrators and policymakers
  • Feature topics that would particularly benefit from interactive discussion

Please note that project briefings are not intended to serve as marketing sessions for products or services; promotional presentations, including for non-profit services or initiatives, are not appropriate.

*CNI’s quarterly Pre-Recorded Project Briefing Series complements the project briefings at the in-person meetings. This video series offers an opportunity to share updates and reports on new initiatives in a timelier manner and on a year-round basis. Prospective speakers are encouraged to consider this option as well.

For more information about the meeting and proposal submissions, visit https://www.cni.org/mm/fall-2024.

If you have any questions, please contact me at paige@cni.org. We look forward to your submission.

Sincerely,

-Paige Pope, CNI Communications Coordinator

Subscribe (FEED) Subscribe (DIGEST) Subscribe (INDEX) Unsubscribe Správa pre administrátora