From: Paige Pope <paige@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Open Repositories 2025 CFP
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2024 16:08:25 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE>

The call for proposals for the 20th International Open Repositories Conference (OR2025) has been released, and CNI is pleased to once again serve as a cooperating organization.

Please see below for the official call for proposals and links for additional information. Note that registration will open in February.

-Paige, CNI Communications Coordinator

————————————————————

The 20th International Open Repositories Conference (OR2025) will be held from June 15-18th 2025 in Chicago, Illinois, USA.

The theme for the conference is: Twenty Years of Progress, a Future of Possibilities

OR2025 is the 20th anniversary of the Open Repositories conference. We are marking this milestone with a conference theme that reflects the progress and contributions that the repository community has made toward equitable access to digital resources and research outputs. In addition, we are also exploring the future possibilities of what repositories can do to tackle the many global challenges that currently exist.

We particularly welcome proposals aligned to the overall theme, but also on other administrative, organizational, or practical topics related to open digital repositories. We are interested in the following sub-themes:

  • Community: How can repositories continue to serve a global community with diverse uses and needs? What can we as a repository community do to create connections through integrations, foster trust in the material held in repositories and promote local and indigenous knowledge?
  • Sustainability and Preservation: How can we ensure that repositories and their digital content last beyond the next 20 years in a financially and environmentally sustainable way?
  • Inspiration: Have you been inspired by attending an Open Repositories conference to develop, implement, change practices or start a project? We would love to hear how this is going!
  • Blue-sky thinking: What might the future of equitable access to digital resources and research outputs look like? How can we go beyond the status quo and AI as the answer to everything?

Submission categories include posters, workshops, lightning talks, papers, the repository showdown and panels.

Please visit the Call for Proposals page to learn more about the sub-themes and submission categories of the conference, including a full list of submission templates and key dates for submission deadlines and approvals.

The deadline for submissions is December 18, 2024.

We look forward to the vibrant conversations and learning opportunities of the conference.

Submitters should note that presentations are in person and there is no remote/pre-recorded presentation option.

Please see the registration fees on the Registration page (registration will open in February 2025).

Programme Co-Chairs:

Adrian Ho, University of Chicago

Ellen Catz Ramsey, University of Virginia

Dr Leigh Stork, University of Strathclyde

Contact: or25-program-chairs@googlegroups.com

For the Open Repositories Steering Committee:

Torsten Reimer and Liz Krznarich

Website: https://or2025.openrepositories.org/