From: Joan K. Lippincott <joan@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Regional ETD conference
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 09:55:00 -0400
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
ETD 2006 U.S. Regional Conference:  Revealing the Potential of ETDs

Are you thinking about implementing an electronic thesis and dissertation (ETD) program at your school?  How long can you afford to wait while your graduate research goes unnoticed?  Do you have an ETD program in place but would like to learn more?  If so, the ETD 2006 U.S. Regional Conference is the perfect venue for you.

The Conference will be held on October 27-28, 2006 at the University of Missouri - St. Louis.  The itinerary consists of a series of workshops and plenary sessions designed to provide a focus on ETD implementation issues, to highlight discussions from the ETD 2005 and 2006 Symposia and to provide a networking forum for the successful launch of ETD programs.  We have developed a program packed with outstanding veteran speakers in the ETD field.  There are session tracks for graduate school administrators, librarians and information technologists.  To make the most out of the workshops we recommend that each institution send at least one representative for each of the track areas.  Our goal is to explore and share the wealth of knowledge, experiences and resources available in order to enable each participant to return with an action plan in hand.  This is the first of what we hope to be a series of regional conferences organized by the Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD), hosted by the University of Missouri - St. Louis Graduate School and co-sponsored by the West Virginia University Libraries.

We are pleased to be able to offer a low cost, high impact opportunity which will make a difference not only in terms of engaging more institutional involvement with ETDs and institutional repositories in the U.S., but also to serve our goal of contributing to the global digital library of theses and dissertations.

Revealing the potential of ETDs – The ETD 2006 U.S. Regional Conference is the event you won’t want to miss.  Register soon as space is limited.  More information about the conference is available online at http://www.umsl.edu/~conted/conferences/etd/.  Should you have further questions please feel free to contact us.  See you in St. Louis!

Best regards,

John Hagen (WVU) & Betsy Sampson (UMSL)
Co-Chairs, ETD 2006 US Regional Conference

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

John H. Hagen
Coordinator, Electronic Institutional Document Repository Programs
Chair, Implementation Committee, NDLTD Board of Directors

West Virginia University Libraries
Technical Services Division
Wise Library, Room 2510
P.O. Box 6069 / 1549 University Ave.