From: Clifford Lynch <cliff@cni.org>
Sender: <cgplmgr@cni.org>
Subject: Data Curation Conference Presentations and Journal
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 16:05:30 -0500
To: <CNI-ANNOUNCE@cni.org>
Last week I had the chance to attend the excellent 2nd Digitial Curation Conference in Glasgow. The presentations and posters from the meeting are now available online; you can find links to both, as well as other information about the meeting at:

http://www.dcc.ac.uk/events/dcc-2006/

The meeting also included a launch announcement for the new open-access International Journal of Digital Curation; as far as I know this is the first journal focusing specifically on digital preservation and curation issues. The journal home page is at:

http://www.ijdc.net/

and the table of contents for the first issue is at:

http://www.ijdc.net/ijdc/issue/current

The first issue contains several excellent papers; I want to particularly direct your attention to the one by Neil Beagrie titled "Digital Curation for Science, Digital Libraries and Individuals".

Finally, let me take a moment to congratulate the UK Digital Curation Center, a major organizer of this meeting (see www.dcc.ac.uk for much more information about the work of the center); just prior to the meeting the UK Joint Information Systems Committee (JISC) announced that the DCC has won a three-year funding extension to continue their excellent work. The press release about this can be found at:

http://www.jisc.ac.uk/news/stories/2006/11/news_dcc.aspx